2 tbsp. butter, cut into 1/2″ pieces, plus more for baking dish
8 slices bacon
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 celery stalks, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA
10 c. cubed French bread, dried overnight
1 c. shredded sharp white cheddar, divided
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth1 tsp.
2 large eggs, beaten
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° and butter a 3-quart baking dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate, then chop.
- Add onion and celery to bacon fat in skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA and simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add bread, 2/3 cup of cheddar cheese, thyme, and half of cooked bacon and toss to combine.
- Add broth, Worcestershire, and eggs and toss to combine.
- Scatter stuffing with remaining 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and cooked bacon and cover with foil. Bake until a knife inserted into center comes out warm, about 45 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes, then garnish with parsley before serving.