- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs canola oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Grain Belt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- ¼ cup Grain Belt Blueberry Lager
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Add the butter and both kinds of sugar to a stand mixer. Mix on high until well creamed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, stopping several times to scrape the bottom to insure everything is well combined.
- Add the oil, cream and Grain Belt, mixing until well combined.
- Stop the mixer, sprinkle with flour, baking powder and salt, stir until just combined.
- Pour into a 9X13 baking pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched, 23-26 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make the blueberry filling. In a pot over medium high heat add the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and Grain Belt Blueberry Lager. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until thickened. About 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Allow cake to cool completely, transfer to a flat surface. Using a 1 to 2 inch cookie cutter, cut out 12-18 shapes.
- IN a stand mixer add the heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat on high until medium peaks form.
- Slice the shapes in half, like splitting a hamburger bun (alternately you can use one shape for the top and another for the bottom).
- Fill the shapes with blueberry filling and whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.